Anyone looking for safety amid the looming concerns around rates, inflation, and geopolitics, might be considering precious metals- an investment class typically approached from two access points. You can either buy physical gold/silver – the more straightforward, less risky option but often with the lowest returns, or invest in specific mining companies – which requires significant research and generally carries more risk.
Today we’re highlighting an approach to precious metals that you may not have considered. This approach falls somewhere between metal and miner on the spectrum of risk for precious metal investing. But when it comes to returns, companies in this category have been outperforming for quite some time.
2,000X Bigger than Bitcoin? Forbes calls THIS the Future- DO NOT USE.
LIVE ON CAMERA The man who called #1 tech stocks of 2016, 2018, 2019 & 2020 based on return…
Reveals the details of a new tech set to grow:
- 113X bigger than the Internet…
- 600X bigger than 5G…
- 2,000X BIGGER than Bitcoin
“This is the biggest investing moment in 400 years — and just $25 gets you in.”
Brown believes the rollout could be days away… [Full Story…]
Over the past seven years, precious metals royalty and streaming companies have significantly outperformed in both bull and bear markets. An index of five central precious metals royalty and streaming companies vastly outperformed gold and the GDX over the past seven with a return of 135% versus gold’s return of 49% and the GDX’s return of 60%.
So what is a royalty company? A royalty company provides funding to the mining company for the tremendously expensive task of building a mine. Once the mine is producing, the royalty company receives a percentage of that production at a predetermined price or a share of the profit after the gold is sold.
Since the prices for mining output are already set, royalty companies can still make money even when the price of gold is falling. Plus, they don’t participate in the operations of the mines themselves, so royalty companies don’t have to deal with the burden of operating costs and therefore take on much lower levels of debt than producers.
Royalty companies also can pick and choose their projects and typically hold a diversified portfolio which minimizes concentration risk. If things take a turn for the worse with one project, the company usually has several more to fall back on. The unique business model supports miners and produces cashflow, offering stability and returns for investors even during downturns of gold prices. This is possible thanks to high-profit margins and exposure to a diversified investment portfolio with built-in upside.
Franco-Nevada Corp. (FNV) is a gold-focused royalty company with additional interests in silver, platinum, oil, and other resource assets. They have a diversified portfolio of 54 producing assets, 41 advanced assets (which are not yet producing), and 233 exploration stage mining properties. FNV generated around 86% of revenues from the Americas and 14% from the rest of the world and invested $314 million in acquisitions in 2021.
Franco-Nevada (NYSE: FNV) actively manages its portfolio to maintain a diversity of revenue sources; however, most of its stakes are still in gold. In 2021, 91% of revenues were earned from gold, with the other 9% from energy assets. Their revenue is expected to remain greater than 80% precious metals through 2025.
FNV stock has delivered a 13% gain over the past month, but the pros see more runway ahead. The high end of the twelve-month forecast is $185, which would be a 15% increase from the current price. The stock trades at a premium, with a forward P/E ratio of 44, and comes along with a 0.8% dividend.
Should you invest in Franco-Nevada right now?
Before you consider buying Franco-Nevada, you'll want to see this.
Investing legend, Keith Kohl just revealed his #1 stock for 2022...
And it's not Franco-Nevada.
Jeff Bezos, Peter Thiel, and the Rockefellers are betting a colossal nine figures on this tiny company that trades publicly for $5.
Keith say’s he thinks investors will be able to turn a small $50 stake into $150,000.
Find that to be extraordinary?
But you have to act now, because a catalyst coming in a few weeks is set to take this company mainstream... And by then, it could be too late.
Tesla’s Biggest Problem
Elon Musk has a big problem. A natural resource he needs to power his entire fleet of EVs is in short supply. One $4 stock is capitalizing on demand. [Full Story…]