Stock analysts can provide valuable insight into the sentiment around a certain stock or sector and shed some light on what is possible or likely for a stock. Stirring in the analyst community can sometimes be early signs of stock movement. Which is why our team reviews dozens of analyst research reports each and every day with the goal of finding new investment ideas for our readers.
Of the hundred of reports we reference weekly, some stand out among the others for various reasons. Our team has sifted through this week’s reports and whittled it down to the most pertinent moves. Read on for the details on some of the most impactful actions taken by analysts over the past week.
True Market Insiders:
Why December 31st Could Set Off A “Tech Boom” In Stocks
Thanks to the rare convergence of three economic triggers, the clock is ticking down for a once in a lifetime wealth building opportunity. [Here’s how to play it.]
Monday, September 27th
- Lordstown Motors (RIDE) was downgraded from Neutral to Sell at Goldman Sachs along with a $5 price target which represents a downside of 26%.
- B of A Securities downgraded Hyatt Hotels (H) from Neutral to Underperform and assigned a price target of $85 which represents a 6% increase from the current price.
Tuesday, September 28th
- Morgan Stanley upgraded Okta (OKTA) from Equal-Weight to Overweight, raising their price target from $275 to $315 which represents a 32% upside from the current price.
- Wolfe Research upgraded Chewy (CHWY) from Peer Perform to Outperform, raising their price target to $90 which represents a 33% upside
- Berenberg downgraded Morgan Stanley (MS) from Buy to Hold and assigned a $91 price target.
- JMP Securities initiated coverage on Coinbase Global (COIN) with a Market Outperform rating and a $300 price target which represents an upside of 30% from the current price.
Wednesday, September 29th
- Bernstein upgraded several aerospace names including Boeing (BA) and Spirit AeroSystems Holdings (SPR) from Market Perform to Outperform. The firm raised the price target for BA from $252 to $279 which represents a 25% upside and raised the price target for SPR from $53 to $66, representing a 46% upside from the current price. Analyst Doug Harned says commercial aerospace looks set to gain on a “global inflection” in demand for commercial aerospace.
- Cowen and Co. downgraded Lockheed Martin (LMT) from Outperform to Market Perform, lowering the price target from $400 to $375, representing a downside of 8% from the current price.
Dr. Ron Paul
What all of the Fed’s “free money” really means
This runs counter to the mainstream media narrative, but former U.S. Presidential candidate and Congressional vet Dr. Ron Paul has an urgent message. [Full Story]
Thursday, September 30th
- Truist Securities upgraded Sabra Health Care REIT (SBRA) from Hold to Buy, assigning a price target of $18 which represents a 19% upside from the current price.
- BTIG upgraded Snowflake (SNOW) from Neutral to Buy and assigned a price target of $353 which represents a 13% upside from its current price.
- Atlantic Equities downgraded Starbucks (SBUX) from Overweight to Neutral and assigned a price target of $105 which represents a downside of 6%.
Friday , October 1st
- Five9 (FIVN) was the recipient of upgrades at numerous firms on the merger termination with Zoom Video (ZM). Wells Fargo, Colliers, Northland Capital, Barclays, Evercore and Canaccord Genuity were among the firms to upgrade FIVN.
Canaccord Genuity analyst David Hynes told investors in a research note that the merger termination with Zoom presents an opportunity for Five9 shareholders, as the implied post-announcement value of Five9 is below its intrinsic value. The company posted “strong” Q2 results and it reportedly had another interested buyer prior to when the Zoom deal was announced, “which should notionally put a floor on valuation,” says the analyst.
Hynes continues to believe Five9’s fundamentals “remain strong.” Digital transformation tailwinds, continued product innovation, large customer momentum and a still underpenetrated total addressable market should all contribute to sustainable 30%-plus revenue growth going forward.
- Susquehanna downgraded MGM Resorts (MGM) from Neutral to Negative anlong with a $36 price target which represents a downside of 18%.
- RBC Capital initiated coverage on Amazon.com (AMZN) and Alphabet (GOOGL) with Outperform ratings and price targets for each of $4150 and $3400, respectively.
- BMO Capital initiated coverage on several green energy stocks including Bloom Energy (BE), Plug Power (PLUG) and SolarEdge Technologies (SEDG) with positive ratings and price targets that are 15% or more above each stock’s current price.
Where to invest $1,000 right now...
Before you consider buying Five9, you'll want to see this.
Investing legend, Keith Kohl just revealed his #1 stock for 2022...
And it's not Five9.
Jeff Bezos, Peter Thiel, and the Rockefellers are betting a colossal nine figures on this tiny company that trades publicly for $5.
Keith say’s he thinks investors will be able to turn a small $50 stake into $150,000.
Find that to be extraordinary?
Click here to watch his presentation, and decide for yourself...
But you have to act now, because a catalyst coming in a few weeks is set to take this company mainstream... And by then, it could be too late.
Click here to find out the name and ticker of Keith's #1 pick...
2,000X Bigger than Bitcoin? Forbes calls THIS the Future- DO NOT USE.
LIVE ON CAMERA The man who called #1 tech stocks of 2016, 2018, 2019 & 2020 based on return…
Reveals the details of a new tech set to grow:
- 113X bigger than the Internet…
- 600X bigger than 5G…
- 2,000X BIGGER than Bitcoin
“This is the biggest investing moment in 400 years — and just $25 gets you in.”
Brown believes the rollout could be days away… [Full Story…]