It’s been a volatile week for Wall Street. In today’s session the Dow logged its third straight losing session and the S&P snapped a two-day losing streak. For the week the major indexes are in the red amid concerns that the Fed will soon start to taper its emergency $120 billion a month bond-buying program.
“The recent bout of market angst seems to be a combination of investor vertigo, looking for an excuse to take profits, and the bumpy path of reopening the economy, with new virus variants on the rise,” Art Hogan, chief market strategist at National Securities, said in a note.
Stock analysts can provide valuable insight into the sentiment around a certain stock or sector and shed some light on what is possible or likely for a stock. Stirring in the analyst community can sometimes be early signs of stock movement. Which is why our team reviews dozens of analyst research reports each and every day with the goal of finding new investment ideas for our readers.
Of the hundred of reports we reference weekly, some stand out among the others for various reasons. Our team has sifted through this week’s reports and whittled it down to the most pertinent news for you.
Here is a list of notable upgrades, downgrades and initiations for the week of August 16th.
DUMP THESE STOCKS NOW!
Get the facts for yourself and be one of the first to learn more about the four stocks you should buy right now… as well as the 25 companies you should sell immediately.[Full Story…]
Tuesday, August 17th
- Automatic Data Processing (ADP): JPMorgan downgraded ADP from Neutral to Underweight and announced a $224 price target. The consensus median price target is $215 and the consensus recommendation is to Hold ADP stock.
- Viacom (VIAC): Wells Fargo’s Steven Cahall upgraded VIAC from equal weight to overweight amid optimism about the company’s streaming momentum, upcoming content slate, and attractiveness in a rapidly consolidating media landscape. He boosted his price target from $45 to $60. The consensus price target for VIAC is $50 and the recommendation from $26 polled investors is to Buy VIAC stock.
Wednesday, August 18th
- Canadian Solar (CSIQ): Canadian Solar was downgraded by research analysts at UBS Group from a Buy to a Sell rating in a research report issued to clients and investors. They presently have a $18 price target on the solar energy provider’s stock. The median 12-month price target for CSIQ is $51.50.
- Wendy’s (WEN): Oppenheimer upgrades Wendy’s to an Outperform rating from Market Perform and raised their price target to $29. Analyst Brian Bittner says Wendy’s has catalysts in play with powerful tools to unlock growth starting in 2022. The median price target for WEN is $27 and the current recommendation among 28 polled analysts is to Buy Wendy’s stock.
Thursday, August 19th
- Weibo (WB): Credit Suisse upgraded Weibo from neutral to outperform and raised their 12-month price target from $46. 20 to $57, indicating a 21.4% upside from the stock’s current level. The 16 analysts offering a 12-month price target for WB stock have a median target of $60 and the current consensus among 15 analysts polled is to Buy Weibo.
- Nvidia (NVDA): Summit Insights analyst Kinngai Chan downgraded NVDA to Sell from Hold based on the company’s October outlook. The analyst suggests Nvidia’s exposure to the crypto-mining market exceeded $1 billion and could be close to the $1.5 billion range in the July quarter. The company will see the adverse effects of crypto market demand decline in the January quarter, according to Chan. The analyst believes there could be a $500 million – $1 billion downside in Nvidia’s gaming sales in the January quarter.
Where to invest $1,000 right now...
Before you consider buying Weibo, you'll want to see this.
Investing legend, Keith Kohl just revealed his #1 stock for 2022...
And it's not Weibo.
Jeff Bezos, Peter Thiel, and the Rockefellers are betting a colossal nine figures on this tiny company that trades publicly for $5.
Keith say’s he thinks investors will be able to turn a small $50 stake into $150,000.
Find that to be extraordinary?
But you have to act now, because a catalyst coming in a few weeks is set to take this company mainstream... And by then, it could be too late.
TRUE MARKET INSIDERS
Wall Street Legend: The “Biden Boom” Is Here, Are You Prepared?
While mainstream news continues to divide the political narrative… Most American’s are clueless that one President Biden policy could unintentionally trigger an enormous wealth opportunity by December 31st. [Full Story…]